Looking for a bit of adventure beyond watching orangutans in the wild? Then, you should try our orangutan adventure package in Tanjung Puting National Park. We would like to take you exploring the park at night, replanting trees, and visit the village to learn their daily activity. Read more for the itinerary and further information.
DAY 1: PANGKALAN BUN AIRPORT / HOTEL – KUMAI – TANJUNG HARAPAN CAMP – HOUSEBOAT. (L, D)
- Arrival in Pangkalan Bun airport in the morning and a guide from Sister Tour will pick you up, then transfer you to Kumai.
- Start cruising up the Kumai and Sekonyer River. Enjoy your first lunch with our traditional food on the kelotok.
- After 2 hours cruising deeper of Sekonyer River, we will stop by the jetty of Tanjung Harapan Camp to see orangutans in their natural habitat. It takes short trekking around 20 minutes to get to the orangutans feeding platform. Feeding time in Tanjung Harapan starts at 3 pm.
- When you are ready, we walk back to the boat and start cruising up Sekonyer River. It is a good time to watch Proboscis monkeys back home in late afternoon.
- Free time in the evening and have supper on the kelotok.
- Stay overnight on board.
DAY 2: HOUSEBOAT – CAMP LEAKEY – PONDOK AMBUNG – HOUSEBOAT. (B, L, D)
- After breakfast, we are heading straight slowly to the legendary Leakey Camp. You can enjoy more the view of black water river. If you’re lucky enough,you might see orangutan at the riverbank, various birds (stork billed kingfisher is quite common here), and false garials crocodile.
- On arrival in Leakey Camp, walk up to the camp to see the Orangutan Information Center. Continue the tour to see the orangutan feeding at 2 pm, enjoy your times till 4 pm.
- Walk back to the boat. Park the boat at Pondok Ambung Tropical Forest Research Station for a night walk (optional). You may find nocturnal primates or wild cats at night in the jungle.
- Dinner and overnight on board.
DAY 3: HOUSEBOAT – PONDOK TANGGUI CAMP –REPLANTING TREES – SEKONYER RIVER VILLAGE – HOUSEBOAT. (B, L, D)
- After breakfast, go downstream of Sekonyer river and heading to Pondok Tanggui Camp to see Orangutan at 9 am. Enjoy Pondok Tanggui until 10 am.
- After that walk back to the boat and visit the reforestation project of the Friends of National Park Foundation, our local NGO (non government organisation) partner. You are more than welcome to join in replanting trees.
- When you are ready, back to the boat and heading to the Village of Sekonyer to learn local daily activities. Lunch will be served on board before our visit to the village.
- In the village you may learn and practice weaving a simple mat, made from reeds.
- Back to the boat and look for more Proboscis monkeys rooting in trees along riverbank.
- Dinner and overnight on board.
DAY 4: HOUSEBOAT – KUMAI – PANGKALAN BUN AIRPORT. (B)
- After breakfast, boating to Kumai. From Kumai, we will transfer you to your hotel or the airport.
End of tour and thank you for visiting Tanjung Puting National Park with Sister Tour.
Additional Info on Accommodation
- Please note that there’s no 5 stars hotel facility in the Tanjung Puting National Park. However, you may find 3 stars hotels in Pangkalan Bun.
- If you don’t feel like staying on board during the trip, there’s an option to stay overnights in accommodation services near the National Park such as Rimba Ecolodge, Flora Homestay or local homestays in Sekonyer Village.
Our tour package includes:
- Transfer in-out from airport or hotel.
- Houseboat with full-board service.
- Entrance fee to the National Park.
- English speaking guide.
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary; we strive to use NO palm oil products.
- Beverages and local chef service during the tour. Please let us know if you have any food alergies or special dietary requirements.
- Contribution to local kids education and women community (we allocate 5% of the tour price for this program).
- Fuel and clean water during the tour.
- Rain coat, flash light, mosquito repellant.
Please note that our package excludes:
- Flight tickets.
- Travel insurance.
- Souvenir and other personal expenses, please bring some Rupiah bank notes (IDR) with you.
- Gratuity for tour guide and boat crews.
Things to Bring
- Camera plus extra film/memory card and batteries.
- Waterproof bag for your camera or electrical appliances.
- Long pants, long sleeves, and socks might also be needed to avoid from mosquitoes. Mosquito nets are provided on board.
- Medicine or other personal things.
The price varies, depending on your date of travelling, tour participants and accommodation option. Please contact us for further information.