Here is our essential tour package to visit the capital of orangutans world in Tanjung Puting National Park. Let’s go cruising the Sekonyer River, trekking through the tropical forest and watching animals, especially orangutans in their natural habitat. You will be staying 2 nights in our kelotok (houseboat) and wake up in the morning by the sound of the forest. Read more for the itinerary and further information.
DAY 1: PANGKALAN BUN AIRPORT / HOTEL – KUMAI – TANJUNG HARAPAN CAMP – HOUSEBOAT. (L, D)
- The local guide of Sister Tour will meet and greet you upon your arrival at Iskandar airport in Pangkalan Bun. Early flight arrival is recommended / flight arrival before 12:00 pm.
- After 2 hours cruising deeper of Sekonyer River, we will stop by the jetty of Tanjung Harapan Camp to see orangutans in their natural habitat. It takes short trekking around 20 minutes to get to the orangutans feeding platform. Feeding time in Tanjung Harapan starts at 3 pm.
- When you are ready, we walk back to the boat and start cruising up Sekonyer River. It is a good time to watch Proboscis monkeys and other wild animal by the river.
- Free time in the evening and have supper on the kelotok.
- Stay overnight on the boat.
DAY 2: HOUSEBOAT – PONDOK TANGGUI CAMP – CAMP LEAKEY – HOUSEBOAT. (B, L, D)
- After breakfast, we are cruising up to the Pondok Tanggui Camp. Orangutans feeding time in this Camp starts at 9 am.
- From Pondok Tanggui, we are cruising up to the legendary Leakey Camp. It takes around 1.5 hours to get there. Lunch will be served on the kelotok.
- From the jetty of Leakey Camp, we’ll walk up to the camp to see the Orangutan Information Center. Then, continue the tour to see the orangutan feeding at 2 pm. You may enjoy Leakey Camp till 4 pm.
- When you are ready, we will be cruising downstream slowly.
- Dinner and stay overnight in kelotok (houseboat).
DAY 3 : HOUSEBOAT – SEKONYER RIVER VILLAGE – KUMAI – PANGKALAN BUN AIRPORT. (B)
- After breakfast, we will visit the Village of Sekonyer near the jetty of Tanjung Harapan Camp to see daily activity of the local people. This tour is optional, depends on your flight schedule.
- From the village, we continue the trip to Kumai.
- From Kumai, we will transfer you to your hotel or the airport.
End of tour and thank you for visiting Tanjung Puting National Park with Sister Tour.
Additional info on accommodation
- Please note that there’s no 5 stars hotel facility in the Tanjung Puting National Park. However, you may find 3 stars hotels in Pangkalan Bun.
- If you don’t feel like staying on board during the trip, there’s an option to stay overnights in accommodation services near the National Park such as Rimba Ecolodge, Flora Homestay or local homestays in Sekonyer Village.
Our tour package includes:
- Transfer in-out from airport or hotel.
- Houseboat with full-board service.
- Entrance fee to the National Park.
- English speaking guide.
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary; we strive to use NO palm oil products.
- Beverages and local chef service during the tour. Please let us know if you have any food alergies or special dietary requirements.
- Contribution to local kids education and women community (we allocate 5% of the tour price for this program).
- Fuel and clean water during the tour.
- Rain coat, flash light, mosquito repellant.
Please note that our package excludes:
- Flight tickets.
- Travel insurance.
- Souvenir and other personal expenses, please bring some Rupiah bank notes (IDR) with you.
- Gratuity for tour guide and boat crews.
Things to Bring
- Camera plus extra film/memory card and batteries.
- Waterproof bag for your camera or electrical appliances.
- Long pants, long sleeves, and socks might also be needed to avoid from mosquitoes. Mosquito nets are provided on board.
- Medicine or other personal things.
The price varies, depending on your date of travelling, tour participants and accommodation option. Please contact us for further information.